Sandy Hook

Sandy Hook

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Right Wing Review: 9/25 - 10/1 and Final Curtain


Extreme English commented after one Right Wing Review post: "I can barely stand to read it. Must have been sickening to write it!" Sickening and too depressing. Thus, the fat lady has sung.

I was just hoping that if readers could see the non-stop hemorrhaging that is bleeding out from every pore of our nation, we might come together to fight the cancer that is the Republican Tea Party (RTP). Sometimes when we get too focused on one or two hot spots, we overlook the malignancy that is eating away at the whole until it's too late.

This is a short one. I just don't have the heart anymore to read and write about the cruelty, stupidity and insanity that is coming from the conservatives of today. In my opinion, Joe Biden was only partially right when he said the Tea Party acted like terrorists. I don't think they "acted like terrorists." I think they are terrorists.

So, let's get this show over.

Right wing media attacks on Michelle Obama: She went to Target. Fracking unbelievable.

After gutting the public school by over $1 billion dollars, Ohio Republicans give private schools $1 million.

A right wing paper in Tulsa calls a gay appointee perverted.

Russell Peace, the Arizona Senate president who authored the state's controversial immigration law and is facing a recall election, is also facing a lawsuit that alleges his supporters have helped run a sham candidate in the election to dilute the vote and help his chances to stay in office.

Student Republicans at the University of California at Berkeley have stirred up the famously left-wing campus with plans for a sale of baked goods priced according to the race and gender of buyers.

A Michigan bill would jail teachers who send political emails.

Right wing hypocrisy. Charles Koch to Friedrich Hayek: Use Social Security.

At an Orlando conference for crisis pregnancy centers packed with more than 1,000 attendees, former Planned Parenthood employee-turned anti-abortion advocate Abby Johnson told the room that they had to fight Planned Parenthood, a group she says is “working with the devil.

On Oct. 2, a few fundamentalist clergy around the country will observe “Pulpit Freedom Sunday.” They will take to their pulpits and endorse or oppose candidates in defiance of federal tax law, which prohibits nonprofits from intervention in elections.

Homeschoolers should be thrilled. Glenn Beck will target children with a show on his new GBTV Internet network with the tea party-friendly name “Liberty Treehouse.

The final picture show: A Nation of Slackers



-----------------------------------
NOTE: Some people have told me they can't leave comments. I have no clue why this is happening because I haven't changed my settings, which are open to anyone and everyone - even those rascals known as Anonymous. While I have turned on moderation out of necessity, this shouldn't prevent people from commenting, but comments will not show up until I can approve them. Please let me know via email, if you have a problem. lesparsley@gmail.com

17 comments:

  1. Leslie, ABSOLUTELY GREAT COMPILATION - in one of The Best blogs around. TYVM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I saw that nonstory on the usual illiterate rightwing blogs that can't stop posting about the FLOTUS. I think that there's a certain blogger who secretly adores her, why else would that blogger keep talking about her? LOL!

    There is nothing more pathetic than brainless people going after someone who is infinitely more intelligent than they are and thinking that Mrs. Obama gives a flying moon pie what they think.

    But this is what stupid, powerless people engage in because, well, they're stupid and powerless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon: Thanks but I can assure you that there are far better blogs than mine - just scroll down the list on the right side here. But I appreciate the thought. (Psst, I think I may know who you are, btw. ; ) )

    @Shaw: This is the kind of thing that makes me see red when the MSM claim that the Democrats/libs do it, too. NO WE DO NOT. These people are not only stupid, they are base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understandable, if disappointing -- these compilations were very informative.

    I hope the IRS pays close attention to "pulpit freedom Sunday".

    What's the origin of that "sunset at the north pole" picture at the upper right? Is the crescent some kind of optical illusion? The apparent diameter of the Moon as seen from Earth would never be that much greater than that of the Sun, regardless of where on Earth the picture was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Infidel: Thanks. I think they're informative, but it does get a little depressing. I also hope the IRS picks this up about the pulpit freedom Sunday, but I have my doubts.

    I don't know what the origin of the photo is. It was on my FB and I traced it back to the source, which was someone else on FB. This is all the info that was supplied:

    " Sunset at the North Pole. This is one of the rarest pictures that you will ever see in your life when the moon was closest to the earth. The date the picture was taken Thursday, the 13th. of March 2011.

    This is the sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its closest point last week.
    a scene you will probably never get to see in person..."

    It may have been shopped for all I know. I just thought it was pretty. I'll see if I can find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @SW: It is a digital creation according to Snopes. I took it down and will pull it off of FB with a nasty note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm OK with wingnut media clowns picking on Michelle Obama for going to target incognito. She's strong and smart enough to not let it bother her, and they come off looking like the half-witted sociopaths they are.

    No surprise about David Koch being a hypocrite by trying to get Hayek to collect Social Security benefits instead of just paying for the guy's medical care. Hypocrisy seems to be a defining characteristic of the political right.

    Blue Monday should follow Pulpit Freedom Sunday. On Oct. 3, federal officials should get about the business of removing those churches' tax-exempt status and seeing if collection of previous excused taxes is in order.

    L.P., this kind of roundup is time consuming and can be disheartening. We know how broad and deep the problem is, and that new outbreaks of political abuse of power, racism and selfishness-as-a-cause, along with lots of other bad things, have become a constant feature of life in America.

    If you're tired of doing the roundups, no need to explain. You've got a great blog going here with or without them. Please, don't burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one Leslie! Release on the bad feelings and keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's nice news. I got a lovely lapel pin shaped like an old-fashioned megaphone from the Obama 2012 campaign for making a very small monthly contribution. A nice letter, too. If the view out the right window gets too disgusting, we're lucky enough to be able to look left. (Not too far left, though ~:)

    Courage, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see I mistakenly addressed my last comment to SW instead of Infidel. This is what happens when I try to do three things at once! Apologies.

    @SW (for real): Thank you for your kind words. Yes, it is a bit time consuming, but not horrendously so. Maybe I'll return to it later but I could use a break at the moment - or it could very well destroy my blog altogether. I know we've had some bad periods in our history but I don't think any of them could compare to what we're experiencing now. Thanks.

    @Don: Thanks my FB friend. : )

    @Nance: The pin sounds nice. Oh, we must keep plugging away and continue to look left. This I will do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pulpit Freedom Sunday left me shaking my head. I'm sorry, but if these churches want to be tax-exempt, they have to accept the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ahab: Welcome. I agree but I think these people believe that laws and rules don't apply to them, as they have demonstrated in all too many cases already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a good effort, Leslie, but can get you down like trying to monitor Fox News. In the time left before Election 2012, it might be better for all of us to try to “accentuate the positive” about our Party.

    We are the party of the people, if we can just make them understand that!

    Keep up your good work.

    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. @BJ: Thanks but I'm not finding much to be positive about these days. I just hope enough on the far left wake up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the roundups you and Green Eagle do. But they have to be a load of work. I gave up blogging as work years ago in favor of blogging as art.

    The comment problem I think is due to the visitors security settings. I can comment from my boy's computer but not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was going to leave some Anymouse comments... but the cat ate them before I could post them.... oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Truth: If Green Eagle is like me, his radar probably just naturally gravitates toward anything these right wingers do or say, so it isn't all that difficult. The problem is in keeping it from getting too long.

    Don't know beans about how security settings on your own computer can impact on leaving comments on certain blogs. I never have any trouble unless Blogger is having a bad hair day and then it's usually on my own blog. Interesting.

    @okjimm: I hope they didn't make the cat sick.

    ReplyDelete