Sandy Hook

Sandy Hook

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

President Obama's email request for aide to Haiti

I'm sharing this email from the President for those of you who may not have received one. Please be aware that Pat Robertson said, "Haiti "swore a pact to the devil" to get "free from the French" and "ever since, they have been cursed"

Good Afternoon,

The reports and images from Haiti of collapsed hospitals, crumbled homes, and men and women carrying their injured neighbors through the streets are truly heart-wrenching. As we learn more about the extent of the devastation, our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Haiti and Haitian Americans around our country who do not yet know the fate of their families and loved ones back home.

I have directed my Administration to respond with a swift, coordinated and aggressive effort to save lives. The people of Haiti will have the full support of the United States Government in the urgent effort to rescue those trapped beneath the rubble and to deliver the humanitarian relief -- the food, water and medicine -- that Haitians will need in the coming days.

This is also a time when we are reminded of the common humanity that we all share, and Americans have always responded to these situations with generosity of spirit. If you would like to support the urgent humanitarian effort in Haiti, I encourage you to visit our website where you can learn more about how to contribute:

here

Americans trying to locate family members in Haiti are encouraged to contact the State Department at (888) 407-4747.

We will continue to stand with the people of Haiti and keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing this on. As for Pat Robertson, I can only say, if there is a God, Pat baby, you have much to answer for...this dumbass statement not being the least of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never understood why good people would listen to, or follow such hate. Rush took the opportunity during this devastation, to take a shot at the President.
    I donated, and will again probably.
    I wonder if Pat, or Rush sent in a check?

    ReplyDelete
  3. jadedj and TOM: Thanks. I just put up the video of this monster. I didn't hear Limbaugh's BS but it's probably just as well

    Thanks for reading, visiting and donating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave a donation earlier to Doctors Without Borders. And, I just read around 7:00 est that the first ship from the U.S. put in at Port Au Prince this evening. Fast response!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look I'm sorry to be a downer here. I pray for the people of Haiti and I've contributed and I'm glad the US is making a public relations effort to help.

    I googled and googled trying to find out if obama has ever said anything about our policy towards Haiti.Towards the Aristide coups. Condemnation.Calls for Haitian self-determination. Support for Barbara Lee's HR 331 to investigate the 2004 coup.Anything.Any mention of it at all though numerous Haitian groups have called for his support.

    Far as I can determine obama has seen no evil heard no evil and spoke nothing about it. But since it makes us look good in the eyes of the world our president has now discovered Haiti. Hurrah. He can appear to give a damn and not offend the Republicans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oso: Gogle "obama haiti policy." You'll have to scroll through a few pages and you probably won't like most of what you see. Basically he's been carrying on the Bush policy as far as immigration goes.

    But I think right now the issue is getting aid to Haiti and if Obama can use his influence to get Americans to donate, all the better. I don't think he's using the tragedy for personal gain as Bush did following 9/11.

    ReplyDelete